Thursday, July 21, 2011

Walkin around

Athens is sweet! Went to the Acropolis and the theater of Dionysus. I don't really have a description better than grandiose and completely amazing!






Some Doric (for you Dorian) columns are shown in the picture above. These are some pretty danged big structures and I have to respect the architects (and probably their paid laborers) of old.

Anna and I finished off our long tour with a wonderful dinner at a small family restaurant. We both had a cold one with dinner which is sure to aid digestion and sound sleep.






- Posted from somewhere with my iPod!

5 comments:

  1. you ladies are so awesome! I am so jealous that I couldn't be there to enjoy it with you! Starla, I got TWO postcards in the mail this week. I just loved hearing from you! So what happens now, that you've made it to greece?

    -erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we fly home tomorrow, so today some more sightseeing and then bikebox packing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not so sure the laborers were paid. I can't wait to hear more about Greece, it's a place I'd love to see but I hear they're rude to Americans there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, as a tourist I found the Greeks to be quite friendly! we talked to lots of friendly locals and they gave us many helpful hints and suggestions.

    ReplyDelete