Monday, June 20, 2011

The alps killed me!

This was the worst riding day of my entire life! 12 km of 15% with gear will NEVER happen again! Therefore, our route to Venice will be different starting tomorrow!




Here is the magic water station where lovely pure alpine water flowed forth. I drank some but it wasn't enough to get up the pass into mordor (Wuerzjoch).

We are staying in a ski resort at the top of the pass because the owner picked us up about 4 km from his place. He was such a gentleman! He took our bike luggage and we continued on. It was raining like hell and the wind was cutting through our clothes! I had to tell Anna Napoleon dynamite jokes to keep us from thinking negative thoughts! Then the owner's son, Marcus, and the help, Rasheed, came back to pick us up and they drove us to the resort. Marcus agreed that what we were attempting was crazy! We had a shower and we each got a feather bed! Now a beer!
- Posted from somewhere with my iPod!

1 comment:

  1. Starla, this is an awesome trip. I can't imagine climbing a 15% grade. I don't think I have even seen one that steep in the states. You need to gave me pointers on touring. My trip to Boise turned into a pushed/hammered ride. I think that happened because there is very little shade ( it seemed like none )

    ReplyDelete