Saturday, June 19, 2010

good bye arcata

well, its been an amazing journey! however, It is time to get back to Portland to love on my kitty and get back to work. I surely wish I could join starla and Julia on the rest of the adventure to SF! some of my favorite times during my epic bikeride was hill climbing on windy roads right next to giant redwood forests. there is something energizing about those old trees that kept me peddling and gasping for more air to make it up the many hills we climbed. another favorite moment was the reward after climbing the crescent city hill. the sun was shining, we were flying down the hill at 35mph after a looooong climb, and then I saw the ocean! it felt really good that I got to the coast without a car. basically, I can do anything now. thanks Starla and julia!

Published with Blogger-droid

2 comments:

  1. What a freaking amazing house in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We slept in the yard of that house because the guy living there let us. It was the first hospital in arcata. It had a little spook if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete